Friday 28 February 2014

I want to emulate Ronaldo – Alexis


Barcelona attacker Alexis Sanchez has voiced his admiration for Ronaldo and dreams of emulating the former Brazil star at Camp Nou, Goal reports. Ronaldo, 37, enjoyed a successful one-season spell at Barcelona in 1996-97,  netting  34 goals in 37 La Liga appearances, while also winning the Copa del Rey, Supercopa de Espana and Cup Winners’ Cup with the Catalans.

And Alexis is keen to follow in the footsteps of his idol.

“They told me the numbers that were available at Barca when I came here. As I am a great admirer of the Brazilian Ronaldo,  I wanted to wear the same number,” Alexis was quoted as saying on the official Barcelona website.

“He wore number 9 here and was very successful, so I want  to emulate him.”

The Chile international then went on to explain that he  was forced  to change his style of play since joining Barcelona  from Udinese in the summer of 2011.

 “I used to be more physical, but now I have to be more technical,” he said.

The 25-year-old has been a key figure for Barcelona this season, scoring 15 goals in 21 league games so far.

Meanwhile, Alexis  says he does not have a rivalry with fellow Barcelona winger Pedro, insisting that they both work together for the team’s benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment